And then there was this boy
who would come to this tree everyday
to play around it
He climbed it, he ate the apples
and he take a nap under the tree
He loved it, and the tree was very happy
Time went by and after a few years....
Tree: Hello again.. lets play
Boy: I'm not a kid anymore.. i want money
Tree: I don't have money, but you can pick the apples and sell them.
The boy was very happy, he climbed it and picked all apples.
The tree was happy for him too.
The boy did not return for a long time.
The tree was sad.
After a few years. The boy, who's now a man returned.
Tree: Wanna play with me?
Man: Sorry. I had no time. I have a family now and i need shelter
Tree: I cant be a shelter, but you can chop my branches and build one.
And so the man chopped the tree's branches and left happily
The tree was happy.
But then the man did not return.
The tree was sad again.
One hot summer, the man, which is a lil older now came back again.
Tree: Come and play with me!
Man: I'm getting old already. I want to relax myself. Can you give me a boat?
Tree: Sorry, I cant. But you can take my trunk and build one
And so the man chopped it down.
Then he went sailing and didnt showed up for a long long time.
The tree started to sob everyday.
After a few years, the man, who's now an old man... came back
Tree: Sorry my boy, I really have nothing else to give you anymore.
Old man: *smiles*
Tree: I got no more apples.
Old man: I got no more teeth to chew it.
Tree: i got no more branches and trunk for you to climb.
Old man: I'm old now, I can't climb anyway.
Tree: What i've left is only a dying root.
Old man: It's okay.... I do not need anything now. All i need is a place to rest and a partner.
Tree: Sit on me my boy, and rest as long as possible
And so.. The old man sit on the dying roots.. and smiled followed by tears flowing down his cheek
Yes, the tree is our parents, and we're the boy.
Share some time with them.
They're not some wish granting machine or item suppliers.
They are our supporters and protectors
Do not just leave them after getting what we want.
They're humans too. ;')
"Because fyi, you're a really good guy" Tks. Joey.